20,000 - 22,000
I am currently recruiting for a Sales ledger to join an established company based in Bromsgrove. This is a fantastic opportunity to a company who are currently going through a period of growth. Due to the location you would need to drive for this role.
To be performed on a daily basis
• Post, Allocate and Reconcile all trade counter transactions.
• Post and allocate all Customer receipts in all bank accounts
• Resolve part payments customer. No Partial allocations allowed.
• Communicate relevant info to Sales when payment for Proforma, Held Orders or Quotations are received.
• Daily Reconciliation of Bank accounts
• Fully process any approved refunds on the same day allocating to the credit note / receipt.
• Respond to all incoming Sales Ledger related communications from Customers cc relevant colleagues.
• Chase customers for payment by telephone using agreed collection plan / filter list
• Resolve any Zero terms despatches - reporting daily to FD and keeping list clear.
• Credit checking new customers and updating the system with FD approved terms.
• Banking of Cash and cheques
To be performed on a weekly basis
• Prepare collection plan for review by FD, prioritising oldest and highest value debts.
• Fully allocate all Zero Balance accounts
• Send out automated reminder letters, escalating to Solicitor letter by approval of FD and updating notes in system.
To be performed on a monthly basis
• Take payments from Customers' Cards where approved, and obtain authorization if needed
• Statements to be sent on 1st working day of each month after processing for previous month is complete.
• Place Overdue / over credit limit accounts on hold.
• Reconcile Month end Sales Ledger to Nominal Ledger Control Account.
• Reconcile Month end Bank Account Balances to Nominal Ledger Control Account.
• EC Sales List to HMRC
• Intrastat Despatches submission to HMRC
• Credit Card reconciliation and journal
General expectations and standards
• Actively manage credit status of customers by changing hold flag, by and reviewing credit limits, particularly poor payers or problem accounts.
• Record and follow up on notes of customer interactions on the system.
• Ensure all customers have the correct currency and VAT settings.
• Ensure all customers have the correct terms
• Assist FD with Year end Audit
• Assist FD with HMRC enquiries.
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.