We are representing a well-established national and international logistics provider, who are looking to recruit for an experienced Transport Planner. This role can offer an excellent career with great progression. We are ideally looking for someone who has previous experience working in a role very similar.
• To ensure all activities and delegated tasks are conducted cost effectively and efficiently, whilst remaining compliant with the Company's Operators Licence at all time.
• To organise, allocate work and manage the co-ordination of all or part of the Customer's supply chain process, including distribution, logistics of the Drivers and routes.
• To provide excellent customer service and ensure a customer focussed approach to planning and meeting the customer's requirements.
• To support and advise drivers whilst on route and devise optimal routing of vehicles.
• To ensure the Traffic department is effective and undertakes the routing and administration effectively.
• Meet weekly or monthly KPI's set for the department.
• Maintain and update Transport Administration System
• To deal with all customer or Driver complaints
• Ensure the Drivers are working within legislative requirements and remain fully trained in relevant Health & Safety requirements of Drivers and Working Time Regulations.
• Assist drivers reporting mechanical faults, defects and breakdowns, liaise with workshop or national recovery ag
• To be flexible to accommodate changes that occur within the Traffic Department
As a person you will need the following qualities & experience:
• Experience working with the movement of pallets
• Experienced in working in a fast paced environment
• Are computer literate
• Have good organisational and communicative skills
• Previous experience in a similar role
Office Workforce is responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.